Re: Tracker?

On 11/12/06, seth vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 03:57 +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Thomas J. Baker <tjb@...> writes:
> > I thought an update to mikmod was supposed to allow me to install
> > tracker? When I try, yum always wants to install mikmod from core, even
> > if I have mikmod from updates already installed. I know I could fix this
> > with an exclude from core but I thought I read this should be fixed
> > without that.
>
> Synaptic does the right thing.

how is installing a package which something you have installed obsoletes
the 'right thing'?

Because the mikmod from updates have a higher version, and should
cause mikmod from core to be ignored completely?

--
Michel Salim

Don't worry about avoiding temptation -- as you grow older, it starts
avoiding you.
               -- The Old Farmer's Almanac