Re: Yet another license question

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> You cant add restrictions on top of GPL. Once it is licensed as GPL then it is
> Free software and can be used the terms of the license which does allow
> commercial usage. IMO, you can ignore the author's confusion and include it in
> Fedora.

I know that. Though I can see myself breaking the AUP of the server by
accidentally downloading the same source twice while creating the pacakge. Can
I not sell it anymore then (I guess I can, I would just violate his server's
AUP not the GPL).

Also, I don't like the signal the author is sending by the misleading
statements of pretending that downloads are covered by a license agreement
different from the downloaded software.

We all want to get rich and release free software. The Dansguardian way is
not the way to do it.

Paul