Re: coverity code checker in Extras

On 8/31/06, Warren Togami <wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Same thing in principle.  Why does Coverity need to be in our build
system?  It could very well work asynchronously outside of Fedora from
our SRPMS.

I would really prefer this sort of outside the fenceline cooperation.
I don't have any problem with Coverity hosting a service that chews on
our publicly accessible data like the srpms and then spits back
reports to us (in an open file format of course :->).

Is it even worthwhile to think about anything other than asynchronous
scans?  Wouldn't this slow down build process significantly if these
scans were tied into the building of every package?

-jef