Re: OT:? flash used in redhat website

Sander Hoentjen wrote:
Hi,

Not sure where i should post this, so i'll start in the extras list.

I am subscribed to Red Hat Magazine. In the latest edition I got, "Red
Hat Magazine August: How to set up a home web server", there is a link
to "Kids are alright" ( which leads to
http://www.redhat.com/magazine/022aug06/features/rhh/ ).
On the bottom of the page there is a link to "Watch the
slideshow" (which leads to
http://www.redhat.com/v/swf/rhm022_rhh/slideshow_rhh.html ).
I am using Fedora rawhide x86_64, and am not aware of any flash player
for my platform (yes there is gnash but it's packaging is in progress,
not finished yet). Are there any available? If not, I find the choice
for having the slideshow in flash kind of strange, since there are other
ways to have a slideshow that can be played with software that is
readily available in Fedora (and my guess is RHEL suffers from the
same?)

Sorry if this is off-topic, please let me know what would be the right
place to ask this question.

Yes, This is offtopic. However you can try feedback to the editor. We bugged everyone to make sure the all the videos that Red Hat hosts are available in multiple formats and atleast one of them is a open patent unencumbered format but there doesnt seem to be a easy way to author good screencasts with audio in a open format that wouldnt require the audience (which goes beyond the typical Linux people) to download players or codecs. Thats quite unfortunate.

Rahul