Re: fedora-extras-list Digest, Vol 21, Issue 56

Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:32:01 -0400
From: Warren Togami <wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: gcin FC4 and FC3 branch
To: Discussion related to Fedora Extras
        <fedora-extras-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

I failed to see this message yesterday prior to the FESCo meeting where
we voted down branching of this package, seemingly due to lack of
explanation from the CVS branch request.  I apologize for this.

So chewing is not good enough?

I guess can reconsider branching of gcin.  You seem to want to continue
maintaining FC-3+ branches for a while, and your users want it.

BTW, is there any scim-gcin bridge?

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi, Togami:

There is no scim-gcin bridge.

I know Suzhe (scim author) want to cooperate with Edward Liu(gcin
author), but Edward reject. (for many reason)

Input method platform is like terminal emulator.
No one single platform meets everyone's needs.

Gcin is written in C, so it has no g++ compatibility issue.
GTK/QT immodules of Gcin are very stable, and are highly compatible with
Realplayer, Acrobat, Firefox, Openoffice, and many other applications.

Gcin meets Traditional Chinese users' most needs, when scim and uim do not.

Gcin is very popular among Taiwan and Hong Kong users, and has been
official package of Mandriva and Archlinux.

Again, so do I request only FC5 branch or I can request for FC4 and
FC3 branch, too?

--
Chung-Yen Chang (candyz0416@xxxxxxxxx)
RHCE Cert Number: 806200500202093