Re: Planning next version of rpmdevtools

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Ville Skyttä wrote:

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 00:12 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:

Rename scripts (with appropriate backwards compat symlinks for a while):
* fedora-extract -> extractarchive

After having used the new package locally from CVS for a while, my left
hand already protests against this change, it says "extracta<TAB>" is
too hard to type repeatedly and shorter variants before the <TAB> are
not unique here :).  So unless someone is aware of a conflict this would
cause, I'm going to re-rename it as "xvf" - see top of the script for
where that name comes from.

Mm. "xvf" is totally obscure as a name (well .. like 'sed' isn't :)

Since these tools deal with rpm's, how about renaming them with rpm- prefix? Would keep them in a separate namespace which is good IMHO (we have enough of too generic names in /usr/bin; "fixfiles" huh...) and point into right direction wrt their intended use (unlike the earlier fedora- prefix).

	- Panu -