Re: FESCo Election Policy **Draft**

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

BTW, this was one of the sections I considered controversial when I
drafted this policy.  Is anyone opposed to letting anyone in cladone
become a candidate for FESCo?  It could bring in thoughtful people who
largely watch the proceedings of Extras or contribute to the
infrastructure of the project rather than contributing packages into
directly into Extras.  It could also bring people who are only involved
because they have an opinion but don't want to do any work.  Assuming
intelligent voters, this could still be a problem if we don't have
enough candidates to fill all the open seats; allowing the person in by
default....

Yes. I support this view point. Now that the packaging committee is handling the core packaging details, FESCo is more of a management job that doesnt really require intimate knowledge about packaging or to be a Fedora Extras packager to get involved and sort out affairs. Anyone who keeps tracks of things and is obsessed with discussing and communicating what is being tracked and resolved should fit the bill.

Rahul