Re: FC-4 buildsystem broken; does not strip binaries

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 09:56 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> PH> This is due to the switch to the new version of mock, with the
> PH> reduced buildroot, for the Extras buildsystem.

IMHO missing elfutils and python in the FC4 build root is a bug that
should be fixed there.

The exact set of packages in build roots will continue to slightly
differ between releases because dependencies evolve, but my
understanding is that people who approved the current baseline set of
packages in Packaging/Guidelines#Exceptions for all distro versions
looked at what it expands to in FC5, see Extras/FullExceptionList in
Wiki.  The expanded list (which contains both elfutils and python) is
also referred to in the guidelines' exceptions section.

> I wonder what package started depending on Python.

Some SELinux things, IIRC.