Re: HelixPlayer

Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
On Friday 28 July 2006 17:23, "Michael J. Knox" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rex Dieter wrote:
Michael J. Knox wrote:
So, HelixPlayer has been axed form Core.

Has anyone offered to pick it up?
not yet.

Or can amarok live without it?
Sorta kinda, it has hacked-in gstreamer support (atm).  This support
should get better/official over time.
Do we want to see HelixPlayer maintained until the amarok gst support is
ready for human consumption?

If you're willing to maintain it, I'm sure some people will use it. I wouldn't imagine it would be too hard to maintain, and perhaps you could tackle some of the most common complaints against it.

Well, I will be happy to take it on. Will prep up a review for it.

Michael