Re: Contribution to Extras (an update)

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 15:59 -0700, Victor Skovorodnikov wrote:
Hi all,

Okay, so between the not so related to programming full-time work,
I've made some improvements to my 2D shooter game "Maximum
Destruction" AND have been in touch with Mr. Paul Riche III (original
SC2 designer) and UR Quan Masters development team.

Both of them allowed me to use the SC2 game images in Fedora's
"Extras" portion for free and non-commercial purposes only.

Thats incompatible with Fedora packaging guidelines. A written license
should be included that is Free and/or open source is required.

My understanding was that you only *had* to provide a written license if the upstream supplied one. I could be wrong tho....

My libedit package is an example of this, no upstream license, but its been approved and is currently packaged with out a license file.

I would recommend that Victor requests a license to be provided in the future (I did this for libedit), but the written license is only required if one is already supplied.

Michael