Re: Updating a package in multiple branches

Paul Howarth wrote:

Tim Jackson wrote:

I've just successfully updated altermime in the devel branch from 0.3.6-0.3.7, following the instructions on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/UsingCvsFaq . That's cool, but now I need to update the FC-4 and FC-5 branches. Do I have to repeat the whole process for each branch (including uploading the package source tarball again)

I do pretty much the same thing for each branch. The source upload takes no time at all though, as it's skipped if the file is already present in the lookaside cache, so all that step does is to update the "sources" and ".cvsignore" files.

OK. In that case, can't the sources file just be copied from the devel branch?

Anyway, thanks for the advice - you confirmed what I thought. Very useful.

Tim