Re: Where are newly released packages?

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 17:44 -0500, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> On 03/17/2006 01:10 PM, Quentin Spencer wrote:
> > I have a build (octave-forge, job 6461) that is failing because it
> > depends on a package that was released a few hours ago. It seems to know
> > that the package exists, but can't download it. I thought that once a
> > package is released, even if it's not on all the mirrors yet, it would
> > be available to the build system. I also don't see any recently released
> > stuff on download.fedora.redhat.com, which I thought was the primary
> > mirror where you could always find the latest releases. Am I wrong?
> >

> AIUI, it performs an rsync every so often (not sure how frequent this
> is, though) so as to not re-fetch RPMs from the mirrors every time
> someone submits a build.  If you re-submit your build, it'd probably
> work now.

Right; we now realize there's a window between when a sign & push
happens (which deletes packages from that "temporary just-built"
repository on the build server) and when the new packages get pushed out
to the mirrors using rsync.  If you're unlucky enough to have a sign &
push happen right after you build the first package in your dependency
chain, it won't be available to the builders until it's rsynced to the
builders' local repo, which is the same store that backs
download.fedora.redhat.com.  We're working on a solution, you can track
it on bug 185846.

Dan