Questions about build system

I'm maintaining a number of packages that are part of a long dependency chain (gcdmaster -> libgnomeuimm -> gtkmm -> glibmm -> libsigc++). Does that mean that, in order to guarantee that each one of these is build against the newly rebuilt versions, I have to queue them up in the build system, say, libsigc++ on monday, glibmm on tuesday, ..., and gcdmaster on friday :-) ?

I know that mock doesn't handle this like mach does: freshly built packages in /var/lib/x/result are not automatically used in the prep phase of the next mock build, and that's currently my biggest gripe against mock (with otherwise works great). So since plague uses mock, does this also apply to our build system ?

You might say that if the packages maintain ABI compatibility, it might not matter, but in the wonderful world of C++ this is not always true...

-denis