Re: Anyone seen this error?

Dan Williams wrote:

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 11:36 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
Quentin Spencer wrote:

error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
 /usr/share/info/dir
Thanks, that explains a lot. This error has started appearing recently in two of my packages, which previously built fine in mock. Is this due to changes in mock? Is this a bug?
Not too long ago, mock failed to properly check for unpackaged files. That seems to have been fixed.

I updated the builders to the fixed version of mock late last week.

OK, so I guess I have to change my spec files to deal with this. However, the underlying reason this error has come up is that mock is apparently building in a pseudo root environment. Since packages should be able to be built without being root, it seems like it would be more correct for mock to emulate a user environment. Wouldn't that prevent /usr/share/info/dir from being created in the first place? I'm sorry if I'm completely misunderstanding mock here.

-Quentin