Re: How to update the package?

Ankit Patel wrote:
*/Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    Ankit Patel wrote:
     > I am maintaining the package called "system-config-control". Current
     > version of this package is 1.0-4. I want to provide the new version,
     > 1.0-5 with some modification.
     >
     > I have tried the following steps, but haven't any luck in
    updating it.

     > Here are the steps i followed for updating from 1.0-3 to 1.0-4:
     > 1. cvs co system-config-control
     > 2. cd system-config-control/devel
     > 3. modified the spec file with release no. "4%{?dist}"
     > 4. commited the changes
     > 5. make sources FILES="system-config-control-1.0.tar.bz2" (This .bz2
     > file is with all modifications)

    I suspect the build system already had a
    system-config-control-1.0.tar.bz2 uploaded and so attempting to up!
    load a
    new one would have no effect. If the tarball has changed, it should
    have
    a different version number and hence a different filename.

     > 6. commited the changes
     > 7. plague-client build system-config-control

    A "make build" would suffice for that.

    Paul.

But when i do "make sources" then it gives me the correct source tarball (.bz2). So, i don't understand where is the problem?

Does it do that if you delete the tarball first? If the tarball is already there then it won't re-download it.

You should never issue a new tarball with the same version number and different contents anyway - it's just bad practice.

Paul.