Re: Mono apps in extras

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

There is a substantial difference: None of us has control over Core, but
anybody being actively involved into FE, packaging packages for FE or
using such packages could potentially be subject to legal action.

Anyone could *perhaps* commit an offense in the United States and their friends in North America. I assume you are Germany-based Ralf, so software patents, as you know, were turned down by the European parliament. That doesn't mean you might do something in the States that is not so good with them, but then they have to get you first ... better cancel all trips to US from the moment I commit some patent infringement. (I might have already done that when I approved WINE, life sucks.)

I really think they will go after the Fedora foundation before they go after you.

Linus