Re: mono apps in extras

On 1/19/06, Matthew Hall <matt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 08:31 -0600, Justin Conover wrote:
> http://www.nrpms.net/Packages/fedora-4-i386/mono/
>
> Has Matthew Hall looked into pushing some of his mono src.rpms/specs
> to extras to include some of the work and apps he has already created?
> Just thought it might be eaiser to push things like monodevelop,
> banshee, blam and whatever else into extras/core without starting from
> scratch on the spec files?

Yes, I have thought about this. I'm going to retire nrpms.net when FC5
is released and move to submitting the packages nrpms provides to extras
and core.

I started a thread around this on the nrpms mailing list last week (
http://archives.nrpms.net/index.cgi?mss:425:200601:nfeipcmfkfjpmilfimlc )

Cheers,
Matt

I agree, duplicating efforts now would be a waste of your  time, you do some great packaging for fedora already, might as well jump on one ship.