Re: Package looking for a sponsor

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 19.01.2006, 13:03 +0100 schrieb Hans de Goede:
Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
We can put all mono apps in extras on hold
until then -- that shouldn't be a big deal.
I assumed that the mono embargo was lifted and such I've already made und pushed versions of libgda and libgnomedb with the mono bindings enabled (trying to get all my packages in good shape for the mass rebuild)

That's okay and no problem afaics. Until now most people simply agreed
that mono packages are fine in Extras. And FESCo even talked a bit a
about mono it in the last meeting
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20060112

We agreed that mono packages are okay in Fedora Extras 5 -- but there
was no real vote or special discussion on that topic; is was more a
silent agreement that was not spoken out explicit iirc.

Thats what I understood too, my mail was just to make sure.

But now one Fedora Extras packager seems to think packages based on Mono
should be forbidden in Extras.
FESCo IMHO can't silently ignore that request. So, if this packager
really does not want packages based on mono he should get a chance to
explain his opinion. He should write it down in a proposal to be
discussed on fedora-extras-list and among the FESCo members. FESCo then
will discuss or even vote on it. That's how a democratic community
project should work IMHO. Or does somebody think this is the wrong
approach?

Democracy is the right approach, but I dunno if FESCo is the right place for the decission, atleast not without a wide discussion on this list first. (Note: I'm pro mono)

Thanks & Regards,

Hans