Re: RFC: kernel-modules in Fedora Extras

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 16:27 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> I'm still wondering why the feedback was so rare on this experiment with
> fedora-kmodhelper. Was it to scary? I know it looks a bit unusual in the
> first moment, but I think this solution (with a bit polishing) is the
> best we found so far.
>
> Panu, dwmw2, Jeremey, skvidal, mschwendt, Anvil, warren, everybody else
> interested: What do you think about it?

Looks sane enough to me in general. As I said of my similar solution --
it ain't pretty. But it works.

I'd like to get rid of 'knownvariants' in the helper script, and it
would be nice to be able to have the description match the 'primary'
package description.

(And it doesn't actually build here -- lirc_it87.c attempts to include
asm/segment.h, probably without good reason.)

--
dwmw2