Re: [Fwd: Fritzing for Education spin ?]

Okay, so after looking into it, I think we should really try to get Fritzing on the image for the next release (upcoming within 10 days).

What is a bit worrisome is that Fritzing apparently checks for it's symbol files only in sub-directories of the location of the binary file.

This of course prevents - as Chitlesh stated - a useful installation using RPM. Does anybody have an idea how to work around or patch this?

If not, I guess we'll just pull and extract the tarball somewhere...

--Sebastian

Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
This was somehow caught by Mailman, dunno why. Forwarding it to the
list. @ Chitlesh: Thanks, looks really interesting! Maybe we could even
get it on the remix for mid-July... ;)

Cheers,
--Sebastian

[...] snip!

Hello there,

There is a new project developed by a German university which is
focusing on simplifying electronic design. It is currently in alpha
version, and I feel it is more for the Education spin that FEL spin.

http://fritzing.org/

A screenshot :
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/fritzing/Screenshot.png

Since FEL is engineering oriented focussing on creating a hardware
product in the end, Fritzing's equivalents gEDA and Kicad are more
suitable . Fritzing on other hand can bring excitement to those high
school students who want to learn electronics.

I have compiled binaries for fritzing, here
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/fritzing/fritzin.2009.07.03.f11.tar.bz2
for F11 32 bit

The SRPM here
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/fritzing/fritzing-0.3.5b-1.fc11.src.rpm
The srpm needs to be fixed, as fritzing can't find the symbols. Try
the compiled binaries instead.

Do you feel it meet your Education Spin's roadmap for F-12 ?

[...] snip!