Re: docs.fedoraproject.org front page suggestions

On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 8:46 AM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 03:45:10AM -0000, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> > welllll, i did have a non-antora solution for quickdocs -- it has search, l10n, and asciidoc support:
> > https://pagure.io/docs-fedora
> > note that the demo there i had to pull down because google was finding that insread of the real quickdocs
>
> I'm not completely opposed to going back to that, especially if we can do
> that with minimal disruption to groups who have worked on the current docs.
>
> I don't think the hoped-for advantages of Antora have really worked out.
> However, I _am_ a little worried about adding another system that's
> Fedora-specific... Antora at least has an upstream.
>
> Also, we'd probably need to do a bunch of redirects to avoid dead links,
> which we _can_ do but we should make sure we're sure so we don't end up
> doing it again in two years.

Yeash sorry, this was a little tongue-in-cheek comment. Having two
toolchains (one designed for docs, and one being a pelican theme) is
probably a maintenance nightmare that i cant commit to anyway.

That being said -- not sure Antora the way we are currently using it
is meeting our needs either.

cheers,
ryanlerch