Re: Add Fedora Gaming to docs.fedoraproject.org page

Andrew Heath kirjoitti 29.11.2021 klo 22.23:
Otto, would that be acceptable or no?

Hi Andrew,

I am sorry I have not responded. It is great that you are working on raising awareness of gaming potential of Fedora. But the truth is, I am not the right person to ask, I am not the right person to ask. I am just a casual subscriber of this list, and doing work in one part of the whole, the Package Maintainer Docs. Regarding the structure of the docs page, I have not been involved in deciding it, and not aware of the reasons why it is laid out as it is now. So let's hope you get better responses also!

But since I am already talking: Have you considered separating (Fedora) user and developer material? In this context, "user" can also be a game developer, as that is a way to use Fedora as well. Such user material could then go to "User Documentation" section, which is at least higher up on the page — no doubt because the intent is that users have easier time finding what they need. Gaming related material could certainly go inside Quick Docs.

Or maybe there could even be a new top level item for gaming. At the moment, there are no sections for different types of users, like gamers. Perhaps there could be. (But again, this is about the docs structure, which I do not understand well.)

Maybe you want to check developer.fedoraproject.org also. Is that developer focused site something like you envision for gamers?

Otto