Re: Fedora 35 release notes are now open!

Leslie S Satenstein kirjoitti 12.10.2021 klo 23.57:
Sarah and others.
Not having all access, I was able to download and edit/validate the following  from
(Rawhide version)                install-guide/modules/install-guide/pages/install
I have walked through, validated and edited the following
rw-rw-r-- 1 leslie leslie  7602 Oct 10 16:31 After_Installation.adoc
-rw-rw-r-- 1 leslie leslie  6231 Oct 10 16:52 Booting_the_Installation.adoc
-rw-rw-r-- 1 leslie leslie 11774 Oct 11 21:42 Installing_Using_Anaconda.adoc
-rw-rw-r-- 1 leslie leslie 16164 Oct 11 22:40 Preparing_for_Installation.adoc
-rw-rw-r-- 1 leslie leslie 25895 Oct 12 12:37 Troubleshooting.adoc

I cannot update the git repository, which because I do not have update access,

For repositories where you do not have commit access, you can use the fork workflow.

The forking workflow would go as follows:

1. Open the repository web page https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/release-notes
2. Click "Clone", copy the "SSH" url on clipboard
3. Open terminal, run: $ git clone SSH_URL_FROM_CLIPBOARD. This creates folder "release-notes" in the current working directory, with the repository contents checked out.
4. Enter the folder: $ cd release-notes
6. Page staying "Waiting" opens, so wait
7. Page for your freshly created fork opens, the heading should be YOUR_USERNAME/fedora-docs/release-notes
8. Click on the "Clone" button, copy the "SSH" url on clipboard
9. Open terminal, run: $ git remote add fork FORK_SSH_URL_FROM_CLIPBOARD
10. This connect your local copy of the repository to your fork as remote named "fork".
11. Create a Git branch for your fixes: $ git checkout -b my-branch
12. Apply your changes
13. Check your work: $ git diff
14. Fix errors as needed
15. When the diff looks good, create a commit from your work: $ git add . && git commit -m "Description of your changes"
16. Push your changes to your fork: $ git push -u fork my-branch
17. In terminal, a url is printed for creating a pull request. Open it, fill any details as needed, then click "Create Pull Request". 18. Now your work should be visible for the repository maintainers to review at https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/release-notes/pull-requests

Eighteen steps to submit an update! I know this may seem arcane and unnecessarily complicated before you get a hold of it. However, this workflow brings great benefits in allowing multiple people to work in parallel, merging those changes in safe manner, allowing review of all contributions and keeping logs of who did what, when and why. And, once you get familiar with Git, all of this becomes second nature.

Note that there are many variations of this, so somebody else may suggest somewhat different steps, which would still produce the correct result.

I need some help with Andora or other tools to print my updates, so I can share  what I have done
Again, there were many hours contributed to correcting grammar and phrasiology
Is anyone, willing to accept an email with my updates as an attachment

This should be as easy as running the following command in your local repository checkout:

    $./build.sh && ./preview.sh

That command should print a url where you can locally inspect the end result.

Otto