Re: Packaging Guidelines for Desktop Applications

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 06:40:29 +0200, Iago Rubio wrote:
> I drop this mail, just to point out that in the Packaging mailing list
> it has been found/stated a "weakness" or lack on the documentation.
>
> It's about how to update the freedesktop mime database, when installing
> desktop files - so how to use update-mime-cache I guess.
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/packaging@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/LISKN25OBKSQM34XKIGTOIT5ER3TFTSA/
>
> I let it here just in case someone find it's worth taking a look at it.
>
> I don't even know if this is lack is true, or this information is
> somwhere on the documentation, but I was unable to find it.

So, all SIG's maintain their own documentation. The docs team here only
looks after the general Fedora documentation (release notes etc., quick
docs) and the infrastructure required to publish documentation. It does
*not* look after documentation for specific teams. They all have their own
repositories and they can make whatever changes they wish there, and
it'll go live when the docs are periodically re-built.

The Fedora Packaging Committee (FPC) writes and maintains the packaging
guidelines here:
https://pagure.io/packaging-committee

So if there are issues with these docs, please file tickets there so
they can look into it.

To figure out where the sources of a page in the documentation are and
who maintains it, click on the "Edit this page" link in the top right
hand corner of the page. That'll take you to the source repository.

--
Thanks,
Regards,