Re: "How to debug printer problems" docs

On 5/7/21 12:52 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
On Thu, May 06, 2021 14:56:41 -0500, Brandon Nielsen wrote:
Owing my interest in printing and easily locatable documentation, I
volunteered to port the "How to debug printing problems" wiki page[0] to
somewhere in the docs. I have suggested[1] it would probably fit as a Quick
Doc, but wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas before I got too far
along.

Thanks for taking this on!

I think it fits really well as a (or multiple) quick-docs. +1 :)

My first effort is mostly done[0]. I have the text formatted and most links working.

Currently I have everything under the "Usage and customisation" header, but I think I would like to move to a separate "Printing and Scanning" category and split the articles out a little bit more. Any thoughts?

I also think I'll port across the "Printing" wiki page[1] so the relevant documentation can all be in one place.

A few questions:

1 - Is there a way to do xrefs to partials? Currently most intra-document links I've added will break if I move things around.

2 - Is there some kind of helper macro for "current Fedora version"? The link I've added to the Fedora sysadmin manual[2][3] will eventually go out of date otherwise.

3 - Any idea how to do this section[4] as an ordered list with unordered children? I just hardcoded it, which feels gross.

[0] - https://pagure.io/fork/nielsenb/fedora-docs/quick-docs/tree/printing-debug
[1] - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Printing
[2] - https://pagure.io/fork/nielsenb/fedora-docs/quick-docs/blob/printing-debug/f/modules/ROOT/pages/_partials/proc_cups-filing-a-bug-report.adoc#_35 [3] - https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fedora/f34/system-administrators-guide/basic-system-configuration/System_Locale_and_Keyboard_Configuration/ [4] - https://pagure.io/fork/nielsenb/fedora-docs/quick-docs/blob/printing-debug/f/modules/ROOT/pages/_partials/con_cups-useful-tricks.adoc#_107