Re: personal introduction

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 11:49:54PM +0000, Jonathan Leist wrote:
> My name is Jonathan Leist. I’m new to this mailing list (but not new to
> Fedora), so I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself and
> express my interest in contributing to the Documentation Project.

That's awesome -- welcome!

> I’m happy to help this project in any capacity possible, but I’m
> particularly interested in writing documentation for new users, as I’ve
> only been using Fedora for a few years myself. I’m also painfully familiar
> with the struggles that are associated with maintaining development
> environments as a Linux user in a mostly non-Linux office, and I would
> love to channel some of my past frustrations into new articles. This is a
> perfect example of the type of article that helped me avoid hours of
> troubleshooting on my workstation (and which I’d like to emulate):

That's great! Do you need help getting started? Sounds like a lot of what
you're looking to do could go in
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/ -- or maybe Magazine
articles, which are slightly less formal and more of-the-moment. (Actually,
converting some helpful magazine articles into quick docs isn't a bad idea.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>