Re: Updating docs for Btrfs by default

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 12:43 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 07:55:45PM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> > I can fork https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/install-guide and submit
> > PR's. But I don't think that method is interactive, i.e. it's pretty
> > much accept the PR or reject it, correct? Any other ideas?
>
> Sorry, this is slow. But, no -- once create the PR, it can be commented on
> in review, and then any changes you push to the branch of your fork from
> which you created the PR (whew, that's a mouthful) will be automatically
> updated.

https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/install-guide/pull-request/55
https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/install-guide/pull-request/56

My main strategy is to just fix what's not correct, minimally
invasive, rather than chewing off too much. I created a new branch
with non-btrfs related updates for Installation Destination, because
the UI has changed since Fedora 31. And then made a branch from that
branch with the btrfs related changes.

I thought that this would mean #55 would be non-btrfs; and #56 would
be just the btrfs changes and would be applied on top of #55? :D But
it looks like my imagination doesn't correlate with reality, and
appears #56 contains all the changes (?).

In retrospect, one generic "updates" branch is probably enough. And
keep discretely related changes for each commit.

--
Chris Murphy