Re: Localization of Fedora docs - We missed one more release...

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 22:56:51 +0200, Jean-Baptiste wrote:
> Hi teams,

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

> Fedora docs internationalization missed one more release, because of the
> fedora-docs build system being understood by one single person. And that
> person, despite his qualities and skills is/was unavailable for months.
>
> All is here, the script works, but nobody does the action to make it go
> from staging to production.
>
> I'm really disappointed. I spent so much time trying to make it work.
>
> Doing that is not respecting the hundred of hours of work localization
> community did. Are we transparent for you docs people?
>
> I feel like taking a break, but I feel like responsible to make fedora
> docs l10n go live.
>
> Can someone take the responsibility to make this real? I'm tired.

I'm sorry to hear this.

@pbokoc: are you doing the pushes? Perhaps we should look at following
the infra-team's system where we have SOPs documenting what needs to be
done and a few people with the necessary access? That'll ensure that
there isn't a single point of contact? If the process is documented, I
can make the pushes, for example, and I'm sure a few others will
volunteer to help with that too. Perhaps some folks from the l10n team
can be given access too, so that the pipeline has fewer bottlenecks?

Jean-Baptiste (and everyone else), if you have some ideas on how the
process can be improved, please do share them. We must learn from each
release so that we can improve the next one.

--
Thanks,
Regards,