Re: Revision histories in user docs

Hi Petr!

I do think that we need to encourage everyone to make descriptive commit messages. Also many git beginners might not realize how much easier it becomes when --global core.editor is set to their editor of choice. Maybe we could provide contributors with a good git commit.template for fedora docs?

Could be a good idea to rename ''Revision History" to "Revision Notes" since it looks it only contains some short notes and only describe the most important changes. I think that time stamps are sufficient there give some vague idea on how the work has progressed.
For more we could link to pagure commits and everyone that is interested enough would find the changes there.

We need some proper Revision standards. What I mean is some sort of definitions on changes that are considered to be major,minor and so on. I wrote about it in regard to workflow and pdfs but the same could also apply to general docs writing https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/template/issue/5#comment-532233

For example if chapters are added, pages get renamed, content is moved or images changed - all this could be a good thing to standardize. I know that defining such Revision Notes Standards and adherence to it in itself could be a lot of work (so it's best to keep it simple), but it would show that we care about the quality of the docs.