Re: Release Notes status

Hi Ben, that requirement hasn't been fulfilled in years. Actually we've
largely been ignoring the schedule due to several factors: lack of
writers, most of them don't block anything else, and noone's been
complaining too much.

Regarding the last point, there has been one pain point and that was the
release notes package that was part of the release criteria, so it was
blocking other teams when we didn't have one. That's no longer the case,
though - see the at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_29_Final_Release_Criteria#Release_notes

We're aiming to have release notes up at release day. At some point we
should probably revise the docs tasks document, it's completely
unrealistic given our resource limits and workflows, and way too
overcomplicated.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me that we're getting close to Beta, though
- we should start working on the release notes, just without trying to
aim for Beta. I'll send out an announcement in a bit.

Petr

--
Petr Bokoč (pbokoc)
Senior Technical Writer