Re: If you are writing up installation guide for Fedora 29

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 1:55 PM, Leslie S Satenstein <lsatenstein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you are writing up installation guide for Fedora 29

Up until flatpack introduction, the installation and release notes for /var stated that three to four gigs would be adequate. I set provisioned for 10gigs. I use Fedora 28 Gnome, and recently du -h /var gave me a shock. The size of /var was 13gigs, and that size is obtained after I purged many many log files.

What are we to expect for Fedora 29? Do I need to buy a new SSD (My current SSD is sized at 128gigs) or do we have to return to using a terrabyte drive for /home?

This sounds like an interesting topic for the devel mailing list.  They may be able to help us better scope these requirements.

regards,

bex

Regards

 Leslie