Re: PR #37 separated and Quick-Docs ready for review

Hi Robert,

Thanks for joining the Fedora Docs community. I've CC'd this reply to
the docs mailing list to let the community in on your questions. This
will ensure that we provide you with the best answers and quickly get
you up and running on the ideas and contributions you would like to
make to the Docs project.

The links I sent to the mailing list were git pull-requests for edits
I've made to a few documents. It was to let the Doc admins know the
files I edited were ready for review. The admins will either provide
feedback for further edits, or, if everything is good, merge them to
the master for publication to the docs.fedoraproject.org site.

There are various sub-projects to the Docs project such as Quick Docs (
https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/quick-docs), Security Related
Documentation (https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/securityguide), Install
Guides (https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/install-guide), and more. To see
a list of these sub-projects go to https://pagure.io/projects/fedora-do
cs/%2A.

For new users I would recommend editing one of the Fedora Quick Docs
pages as the best place to start. You can clone and fork the project
via git. Check out the "_topic_map.yml" file for pages marked "FIX ME!"
as those are the ones that would need attention. There is a "How to
Help" section at https://docs.fedoraproject.org/quick-docs/en-US/index.
html with instructions on how to get started.

The only tools you would need to contribute are: asciidoc (which can be
installed from the Fedora repos with 'dnf install asciidoc'), and any
text editor. The "How to Help" page I referenced above has a link to a
quick reference guide for asciidoc syntax. Also, https://pagure.io/fedo
ra-docs/quick-docs has instructions for local testing. If you use Atom
or Visual Studio Code, there are extensions available that can display
the formatted output of the asciidoc (.adoc) file you are working on.

I too do not see any links in the Fedora Docs site for cloud computing,
but I believe documentation for Fedora Cloud is currently in progress
at https://github.com/fedora-cloud/docs. I'm not acquainted with this
section of the docs project, but I'm sure someone in the community
would be able to guide you along that path.

I hope this email provided you with the answers you were seeking. If
you have any questions don't hesitate to send an email to the docs
mailing list (docs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), or you can use the
#fedora-docs IRC channel (https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#fedor
a-docs). You will get a faster and direct response if the community
gets your message.

Good luck and happy writing.

Regards,

Shaun Assam