Re: Pagure or Bugzilla

On 08/15/2017 01:27 AM, Ryan Gough wrote:
Hi all,

I'm personally in favour of Pagure because it puts bugs and docs in the same location and I like that workflow as you can reference fixes directly to the repo.

I am too. I mean, some of you are aware of my love of Bugzilla and undying hate for especially Trello, but we're trying to attract new people in the future, and showing them Bugzilla is one of the things that makes people run away. Pagure is definitely less capable, but it's so much more user friendly - and the capabilities it's missing compared to BZ aren't ones that we've been using. All we really need is a place to store complaints and suggestions, and a way to track what's open and what's resolved, and Pagure provides both.

Any potential contributor will need a FAS account anyway, so that's not a huge problem. Requiring an account makes drive by bug reporting more difficult, but then again, you need a BZ account to report bugs in Bugzilla too, so we're not losing anything with Pagure.

Regards,
Ryan

Petr Bokoc (irc: pbokoc)
Technical Writer