Re: Project Idea for GSoC 2017

On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 09:02:51PM +0530, Saurabh badhwar wrote:
> A possible solution can be the implementation of instant answers. The
> concept of Instant answers is based along the lines of something which
> Google and DuckDuckGo already do. Basically, what happens here is that,
> an user asks a question and they are provided with one single answer
> instead of the multiple answers written in respect to that question

I like the idea in general, as long as it's tied in with the new docs
strategy. I'm worried, though, that the net effect will be _yet one
more place_.

> (this is what happens in forums, there are multiple options associated
> with a single question). Which answer is displayed to the user, can be
> decided by the process of community members voting on the provided
> answers (The highest voted answer will be displayed as soon as it
> reaches a particular threshold of positive votes).

Ask Fedora already has this basic functionality, and... there just
plain aren't very many votes. Might work be better off focused on
addressing that by improving Askbot?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>