Re: Docs Fad 2016

On 05/02/2016 11:53 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
I'm not an expert at mapping out this kind of FAD, but since no one
else has built the agenda, here's a starting point.  I'm not looking
to impose a heavy process here, and I would *strongly* discourage
process mavens from bogging down that way.  We want to keep ideas
flowing and avoid ratholes.

The agenda gets wider/looser as it goes on.  This is purposely to
avoid running up against a clock at a critical point.  It's OK if we
finish some things early; conversely, if we run late, we have slack
time to account for that.

We will have an audio dial-in posted on the FAD page shortly for
remote folks who want to attend via phone.  This room does not have
built in video conferencing, but if that becomes necessary we can
broadcast from a laptop.

* * *
Friday, May 6  (all times in EDT, UTC-4)

   The goal for day 1 is to figure out the workflows we need to support
   for the best possible engagement across all the people involved.

* 09:30am - Arrive at lobby at Red Hat Tower -- I'm working with Remy
	    so we can get everyone into the building appropriately.
	    We have the "Fedora" room on 9th floor reserved, which is
	    publicly accessible.
* 09:45am - Introductions, get acquainted
* 10:00am - Go around the room and state your meeting goals, pain
	    points, what skills/resources you bring to the FAD
* 11:00am - Map out high level user stories (we may have some already)
	    -- I would ask that we *AVOID* any talk about any specific
	    tools, markup, or implementation until done with this
* 12:30pm - Lunch
* 02:00pm - Finish user stories
* 04:00pm - Start discussing currently available tools and the user
	    stories they either hit or miss

This reads like a premature point to begin the introduction of a tools conversation.

Depending on the goals identified, I believe that discussing how (conceptually) to interconnect (without concern for tools) would be better. For example, if there is a desire to see greater shared content then a conversation around the type of content (i.e. Virtualization Documentation) and Format (i.e. How Tos, Articles, Books, etc.) would yield more value. This would seem to solidfy the what before trying to talk about the how.

* 05:30pm - end of day(ish), depending on how discussions go -- record
	    a "report out" on activities for community transparency
* 06:30pm - dinner somewhere TBD

Saturday, May 7

   The goal for day 2 is to come to an agreement across all involved on
   the tools needed to achieve the workflows we described on day 1.

* 09:30am - convene, continue tools talk
* 12:30pm - Lunch
* 02:00pm - Ideally, we have reached a point we agree on a tools
   	    strategy.  If not, this day continues until done!  If so,
	    we can move on to mapping out any system changes,
	    infrastructure work, enhancements, or features that
	    someone needs to create; and assign each of these with a
	    due date to someone.
* 06:00pm - end of day(ish) -- record "report out"
* 07:00pm - dinner somewhere TBD

Sunday, May 8

   The goal for day 3 is to hack on things while we're f2f.  This
   should be done in a concerted, sprinty way (e.g. cards) to avoid
   getting off topic or otherwise wasting time.

regards,

bex