Introduction Email

Hi, everyone.

My name is Drew and I would like to join the "Docs Project." I am from
the US/Eastern time zone (UTC -4 currently). I am relatively new to
Fedora, but I have been using Linux for somewhere around 10 years
(mostly Debian-based systems until recently). I feel I would be a good
fit with the community because my passions are teaching people, and
technology. I feel like this group combines the best of both worlds.

My main interests are going to be proofreading/correcting and testing
for accuracy or doing some QA on the documentation. Eventually I would
like to write documentation of my own, but I feel like it could be a
while before I am ready to do something like that. I would like to
collaborate on projects in the interim, maybe. Though these are the
things I WANT to do, I am willing to do most things that the Docs
Project takes care of. I am a pretty easy-going guy and if I am asked to
do something, I will generally do it. I should be able to dedicate a few
hours each week to projects. Some weeks, I may be able to do more.

Though I do not have any real, notable experience with documentation, I
always got good grades on my papers in college, and friends would get me
to proofread for them. I do have experience in explaining things at the
level of a beginner end-user, though, and I feel that could translate
over to the documentations with a bit of work. My skills are more on the
social side than the technical side (though I wouldn't consider myself
to be too green on technical things). What I mean to say is that I do
well with people and can generally identify and empathize with my target
audience.

It is very nice to be here and I look forward to meeting and working
with you all. If you see me on IRC (rmeigs), feel free to say hi.

Drew

My GPG Key Fingerprint:

pub   4096R/24E57F48 2016-04-24
      Key fingerprint = 31BD B8C4 8FFF FAF5 303F  C680 6BF1 A414 24E5 7F48
uid                  Drew Meigs <dmeigs[at]openmailbox.org>
sub   4096R/F652FFD6 2016-04-24