Re: Docs Fad 2016

On Wed, 06 Apr 2016 13:34:40 -0500
Pete Travis <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey everybody, let's do a FAD!
>
> We've had a lot of discussions about workflow, tooling, writing
> strategies, and shed paint since the last FAD, but our situation wrt
> publishing has not changed.  It's time that we get together, find a
> room, and lock the door until a solution presents itself.
>
> To that end, our friend shaunm has arranged for space at Red Hat Tower
> in Raleigh over the first weekend in May.  Shaun has thoughtfully
> *also* invided other Docs folks from the Fedora ecosystem; this FAD[1]
> will give Fedora, CentOS, and Red Hat writers an opportunity to
> compare notes, workflows, etc with the goal of combining efforts and
> sharing content effectively.
>
> The agenda still needs work, but I think our recent list discussions
> frame the intent nicely.  We need to make room for modularized
> content, and doing so enables both contribution and consumption.
>
> If you can provide a strong contribution towards solving this problem,
> please consider attending the FAD.  Visit the wiki page, put your name
> on the list, and make sure to hit the table in the Budget section if
> you need funding.  If you can't make it, we may be able to set up
> remote participation, or you can at least add your thoughts to the
> gestalt via the agenda or list.

I don't know that I would be able to attend or be needed in person, but
I would be very happy to participate remotely from the infrastructure
side of things. I think whatever setup we go with needs to be something
we are willing to deploy/maintain in infrastructure as well as all the
other requirements. ;)

kevin