Re: Asking again, can we update the wiki login page?

On 10/30/2015 03:06 AM, Neville A. Cross wrote:
On Thu, 2015-10-29 at 08:04 -0500, Pete Travis wrote:
On 10/29/2015 03:04 AM, Ian Kelling wrote:
My last email got no reply.

Elaborating on why I sent it: Debian, arch, ubuntu, wikipedia,
etc, all have links from their login page to register for the
wiki and fix a forgotten password. Fedora doesn't. It obviously
should. Instead, we have a link to a very long article which
contains links a link to a different registration page, which is
easy to miss, and it gives the impression that you should
spend 30 minutes reading very boring page before contributing
to the wiki.

I do not have the wiki permissions to fix this. To fix it,
give me permissions, or someone who has them should edit
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Loginprompt to include
this: [[/NewAccount| Create a new Fedora Account]] and this
[https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/resetpass Forgot
Password?]
Good call, I like it.  I don't have edit permissions on that page,
either.  This problem needs more Ians on it!

-- Pete

I like it too. As we use a centralized authentication system named FAS,
if you need to recover your pass, you should be redirected to FAS where
you actually are going to get reset your pass instead of reading how to
get there.

Neville

+1 for updating that text to be something more useful

the websites team should be able to help you (either by getting the perms, or putting you in contact with someone that has them)

you can file a ticket for them here:
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/

cheers,
ryanlerch