Re: what is the current state of docker on fedora documentation?

On Sun, 9 Aug 2015, Pete Travis wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2015 2:55 AM, "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> >   hi, i'm currently writing a course on docker (specifically, docker
> > on fedora, FWIW), and i'm looking for the current state of docker
> > documentation on fedora, whatever that might be.
> >
> >   a quick google for "fedora" and "docker" brings one here:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_docker
> >
> > but that wiki page is clearly out of date as it refers to the fedora
> > package "docker-io", which doesn't exist anymore in fedora 22.
> >
> >   in addition, i'm interested in the docker roadmap for fedora, as i
> > know there's some current renaming of other docker-related packages,
> > so i'd like to know what to expect in the near future.
> >
> >   any pointers to online fedora/docker stuff greatly appreciated.
>
> There has been some discussion about adding Docker content to the
> official Fedora Docs lineup recently.  The idea hasn't gotten a lot
> of traction yet because a) the upstream documentation is already
> quite comprehensive, and b) It doesn't fit well into any existing
> Guide.
>
> Eventually I think we'll end up producing a lot of container-focused
> content; Docker, systemd-nspawn, management tools ie kubernetes, use
> cases, etc.  I don't anticipate that happening before the F23
> release given other responsibilities of the team, but I've been
> surprised before :)

  coincidentally, i just ran across the perfect example of what i'm
trying to keep track of. i've got a growing list of docker- and
container-related packages i'm tracking and, at the last update, i
noticed that the "dock" package was obsoleted and replaced by the
"atomic-reactor" package (i suspect it was just a renaming).

  that's the sort of thing i'm just trying to keep tabs on -- which
packages are coming, which are going, etc.

rday