Re: Getting back into Docs

On 04/09/2015 10:42 PM, Ryan Lerch wrote:
After a few years, i am keen to start helping make Fedora docs!

any thoughts on where to jump in again?

--ryanlerch

Hey Ryan, welcome! I heard you moved; some nice, organized, predictable writing might be just the thing to get over it :)

At this point in the F22 release cycle, we're spending a lot of time on the release notes. The easiest way to get started would be to add some info about the packages you've been following (some new inkscape features, maybe?) Typically new features or dramatic changes are showcased, but the RNs aren't necessarily a changelog; we want to give a good general representation of what users will get with the various deliverables as well. You might be ideally situated to cover the Design Suite and related packages.

In other areas, we have a number of guides underway. I'm working on a multiboot guide, mostly focused on dual booting with Windows and new users coming from windows. Simon Clark is driving a new firewall guide. There's a repo for a Fedora Server guide just waiting for someone with initiative. If you want to write short tutorials, the Fedora Cookbook needs more recipes. The Storage Guide is very useful but outdated. There are a handful of other ones[0], and you can probably pick up wherever you like (but do communicate your intentions, some are retired for $reasons and you might miss the signal)

I've sponsored you into the "docs" FAS group today. Commit privileges come with "docs-writers" - send a patch or two, or set up a remote on fedorapeople or somewhere for review+merge, and I'm sure you'll merit membership in short order.

[0] Start here for repos: https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/docs/

--
-- Pete Travis
 - Fedora Docs Project Leader