Proposed plan for the Virtualization Getting Started Guide

Hi folks -

We’ve been batting around ideas for the virtualization guides for a bit now in irc, but I’d like to get some more feedback on the approach we can take.

Seems there are two personas involved. Using our draft personas we have :

  • Technical Tony - experienced IT person virtualizing on servers etc, knows his stuff and is spinning up VMs like they’re candy.

  • Novice Ned (or Novice Nancy in my case :-) - Fairly new to virtualization, and looking to spin up a VM or two for her own work.

Given these two personas, I’d like to suggest that the Virtualization Getting Started guide be targeted to Novice Nancy. To do this we would:

  • Add an installing virtualization tools chapter - simple effort to install the virtualization group package and bring up virt-manager. (smccann)

  • Add an ‘Creating Guests with Virt-Manager chapter - copying from here. (smccann)

  • Adding a ‘Creating Guests with Boxes chapter (grundblom)

  • Make minor edits as needed to remove Fedora 19 references and any references (if present) to a larger set of virtualization guides that may not be available as F21 guides yet.

I also had one question -

Anyway, I’d like to get the getting started done and committed before considering the Admin and Deploy guide (because..ahem.. I AM Novice Nancy here and it will take longer for me to parse that guide).

Thoughts?

Sandra