Re: DNF is the default for F22

Renaming "dnf" to "yum" would break enough of my code that I'd be
hard-pressed to justify continuing using and remixing Fedora.

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Pete Travis <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jan 22, 2015 2:22 PM, "Leslie S Satenstein" <lsatenstein@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Do you know if dnf will be renamed to yum, and yum to
>>  another?  This renaming was rumoured beginning Fedora 19.
>>

>> Regards
>>
>>  Leslie
>> Mr. Leslie Satenstein
>> Montréal Québec, Canada

> My understanding is that to give the project its own identity, and to avoid
> making disingenuous claims about identical behavior, the dnf developers have
> chosen not to use the name 'yum'.
>
> --Pete
>

> --

OSJourno: Robust Power Tools for Digital Journalists
http://www.znmeb.mobi/stories/osjourno-robust-power-tools-for-digital-journalists

Remember, if you're traveling to Bactria, Hump Day is Tuesday and Thursday.