Re: commonbugs draft text for bug 1170803

Hi Chris

May I offer my opinion as an end-user and the guy who raised the bug? Here it is, even if you say no.

Other distributions (example Suse13.2 and Mint 17) which I explored, handled situations by updating the web based release notes. I will verify that their pdf version of release note follows the web updates.

Anaconda is not buggy, and as I see it, the right place to add the informational message is to update the release note, which in my view is a working document.  There are another 12 months of Fedora21 to support. Release notes should not be cast in stone, unmutable by release, they are a guide to the person wanting to install Fedora.

I would put a dated paragraph into the release note to explain what might cause the execution delay. I don't expect to see the Release note for F22, when it is produced being a copy and paste of the F21 note, with a few revisions. The note is what I would expect to experience as a Fedora installer.

Do the release notes have to be translated and released simultaneously? I would put a comment into the translated notes that the most recent notes updates are within the English version.

Regards

 Leslie
Mr. Leslie Satenstein
Montréal Québec, Canada