Re: Migration to Zanata

Hey,

On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 19:51:23 -0700
Pete Travis <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/25/2014 10:34 PM, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> > Hi Docs team
> >
> > Some of you have already noticed, we FLP (aka translation team) have
> > started the process of migration to new fedora.zanata.org instance from
> > Transifex. First all translators started to migrate in November 2014
> > (still going on).
> >
> > It is time to migrate all projects. This is expected to start after
> > F21 GA. The documentation is prepared and ready at [1]. If any concern
> > or question, feel free to ask at zanata-devel ml.
> > Could you now please advise the contacts of the dedicated owners for
> > migration?
> >
> > Package Name
> > anaconda-addon-development-guide
> > Community Services Infrastructure Security Policy
> > Common_Content for Publican
> > Defensive Coding Guide
> > Documentation website
> > docbook-locales
> > Accessibility Guide
> > Amateur Radio Guide
> > Burning ISOs
> > Cloud Guide
> > Fedora Cookbook
> > Documentation Guide
> > Elections Guide
> > FreeIPAGuide
> > Installation Quick Start Guide ---> depricated
> > Installation Guide
> > Fedora Jargon Buster ---> depricated
> > Live Images
> > Fedora Managing Confined Services ---> depricated
> > Musicians' Guide
> > Multiboot Guide
> > Networking Guide
> > OpenSSH Guide
> > Packager's Guide
> > Power Management Guide
> > Release Notes
> > Resource Management Guide ---> depricated
> > Fedora Respin Guide ---> depricated
> > Fedora RPM Guide ---> depricated
> > Security Guide
> > Fedora Selinux FAQ ---> depricated
> > Fedora Selinux Guide ---> depricated
> > Software Collections Guide
> > Software Management Guide
> > Storage Administration Guide
> > System Administrator's Guide
> > System Administrator's Reference Guide
> > Technical Notes
> > Translation Quick Start Guide
> > UEFI Secure Boot Guide
> > Virtualization Deployment and Administration Guide
> > Virtualization Getting Started Guide
> > Virtualization Security Guide
> > Wireless Guide ---> depricated
> > Publican branding for Fedora
> > rdo docs ---> depricated
> >
> > Many thanks in advance.
> >
> > [1]:http://zanata.org/help/
> >
> > Noriko Mizumoto
> > Fedora Localization Project
> >

> Hi Noriko,
> (sorry for posting out of order, I wanted to reply to the list of books)
>
> FWIW, the coordinator for each of our guides are shown in
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_guides_table or
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_old_guides . As Petr said,
> hopefully the migration will be a group effort, but if Zanata has a
> [...]

The problem with the Docs_Project_guides_table is that it also lists
inactive contributors. If we want to use the table as a primary resource
for assignments, we should first review it, I think.

As for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_old_guides, I wouldn't
bother migrating projects listed there.

Just my 2 hellers,
pk