F21 Beats Status & Docs Schedule

First, the schedule.  You can read it in full at
https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-21/f-21-docs-tasks.html, but
the TL;DR version is that this is the week to sprint and cover anything
remaining. Next week is porting from the wiki into docbook/git and
dynamically out for translation.

The system wide changes have had fairly good coverage, with only a few
unwritten or requiring updates.

* Server role deployment:
  This is covered mostly as suggested in the Change page, but I think it
could use elaboration.  The role deployment functionality is doing *a
lot*; package installation, firewall configuration, initial
configuration management, and probably more.

* GNOME
  Gnome is covered for the 3.12 release, but we're expecting to ship
3.14.  The upstream 3.14 notes are under draft? at
https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointThirteen/ReleaseNotes with discussion
on desktop-devel-list@xxxxxxxxx

* Mono
  Beat unclaimed and unwritten.

* SCL
  status unclear from Change page and tracking bug, package not present?

* Products
    The Product specific beats also need work.  Some Cockpit
screenshots, links to docs and general overview of the Server product
will improve the already documented Changes.  Much of the *substance* of
the Workstation release will be covered in the GNOME beat, but I haven't
written the overview for it yet (still claiming it, though :P ).  The
Cloud product(s) need the most coverage; while the number of Changes are
low, there are multiple cloud images being generated and the working
group generated a massive volume of trac tickets in preparation for the
release that we should review.

The Self Contained changes become more important as we approach the Beta
release, and *all* proposed changes must be completed by 14 October.  To
contrast that, the porting of wiki content is scheduled to begin on 2
October.  As of now, the Self Contained Changes are largely
undocumented.  While contributions in this are welcome, I propose that
in the short term we focus on completing the System Wide changes and
migrating to git.  This will give translators more time to work on this
content and allow maintainers to bring their change pages up to date.
To make it easier to keep organized, it might be best to work on copy
for the self contained changes directly in Git.

I'll follow up with a mail about the migration next week. For now,
thanks for your efforts!  Please remember to coordinate with your fellow
contributors by replying here or visiting #fedora-docs.

--
-- Pete Travis
 - Fedora Docs Project Leader