Re: Publican testing woes

If there's anything I can do to help out, please let me know. :( Hope you get less busy soon.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ruediger Landmann" <rlandmann@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For participants of the Documentation Project" <docs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, 26 March, 2014 11:03:58 AM
Subject: Publican testing woes

Hi folks;

First, a huge apology for my unresponsiveness over the last few weeks.
It's hard for me to admit when I'm stretched beyond my ability to help
out, especially when it's not clear when time will be available again.
So, I'm very sorry for the frustration and disappointment I've caused.
If I couldn't help, I should at the very least have communicated that
openly.

I'm also sorry that the website building instructions in the Publican
User Guide didn't work as expected; Jeff and I are puzzled by this,
because nothing about this process has changed lately. That said, even
if the instructions are technically correct, they're useless if people
can't follow them to get to a working instance.

So, what next?

I am still extremely stretched, both at work and at home, so my
availability is likely to be patchy into the near future

I think the best help I can be is to work on a few small tasks that can
keep us moving forward. To that end, I'm going to verify the Publican
website installation instructions and hoping that other folks can
replicate what I'm doing, first on test boxes, and then, when we're
comfortable, in production. I hope that we can avoid a situation where
only one person knows how to do these things! I'll use a page on the
wiki to track my progress, which maybe later can form the blueprint of
how to re-create or recover this system if necessary:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_the_docs_site

Once again, my sincere apologies for letting you all down recently.

Cheers
Rudi

Laura Bailey
Technical Writer II
RHEL Base OS Docs Lead
Red Hat Engineering Content Services BNE