Re: Software Administration Guide and "forbidden content"

On 2014-01-26 21:55, Pete Travis wrote:

The reaction from you and Eric here is one I will learn from. I do
believe in open communication on these things, from start to finish.
In the future, we should ( and I will ) insist on bugs filed against
anything with legal complaints. It is obvious in retrospect, and I am
suitably embarrassed. I hope you can forgive my panic  :)

I saw this stated in Docs Guidelines[1]:

"Software must be available in the official Fedora software repositories for the release of Fedora to which the documentation applies."

I clearly got this as "don't cover software from third party repos".

Moving forward, I would of course like to help with the content as
needed.  I won't barge into your Guide and start making changes on my
own, but do feel free to give me homework, create and assign bugs, whatever.

I'm really interested in Musician's Guide. I was working on l10n stuff (into Spanish) but then I felt like it would not worth as it need to be updated. I have some ideas I'd like to bring, and these include a chapter about ChucK programming language[2], which could replace SuperCollider. But first of all, it has to be packaged.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_Style_Guide_-_Fedora_Specific#Software_Management
[2] http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/
--
http://about.me/mayorgatellez