Re: Docs FAD 2014

On 11/18/2013 10:33 AM, Eric H. Christensen wrote:
> It's been a while[0] since we've all gathered around a table and broke
> bread (or pizza).  I wonder if it's time to have another FAD and get
> people focused on knocking out some of the documentation problems
> we've seem to had over the past few releases with regards to new
> features (and old ones going away).  We will also have a new
> publishing system by then (hopefully) so it might be good to make sure
> everyone is on the same page.
>
> With that, I introduce the idea of the Docs FAD 2014[1].  Since our
> group has become quite diverse (geographically, among other traits)
> I'm thinking that having two FADs linked by video teleconferencing
> would work the best.  The Brno office already has said that they'd be
> interested in doing this and I'm hoping I can get the Raleigh office
> onboard as well.
>
> If you are interested in participating please add your name to the
> list[2] and include your means of travel (of if you're local say so).
> I'm going to try to get a budget for this to help people travel and
> stay.  It would also be good to include weekends that you are
> available to do this in January.
>
> Thanks!
>
> [0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_SELF_2009
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_FAD_2014
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_FAD_2014#Participants
>
> -- Eric

> Eric "Sparks" Christensen
> Fedora Project
>
> sparks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - sparks@xxxxxxxxxx
> 097C 82C3 52DF C64A 50C2  E3A3 8076 ABDE 024B B3D1

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Eric! Moving down the FAD
Checklist, I've created a poll[1] to help us find dates when the most
people can participate. You can find it at
http://whenisgood.net/docsfad2014 . I recall a discussion of making it a
Friday-Saturday-Sunday event at one point, so the days are Friday
through Monday. Selections go through March; it might be better to
postpone a bit, in my opinion, if substantially more people can be there
later. We'll see how the results play out.

[1] http://whenisgood.net/docsfad2014
--
-- Pete Travis
 - Fedora Docs Project Leader