Tracking Bugs

Trying again. I'm not a fan of the new gmail compose interface...

Let's talk about tracker bugs.  As you know,  Jaroslav Reznik has been driving change to the Features process. The new changes process will give us better information, improved contingency plans, and a more centralized point of collaboration between groups. You can read more at the links below:
 - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/20/ChangeSet
The new changes process designates a docs contact for each change, probably the related beat writer. To provide a tracking mechanism for that work, we're proposing to use bugzilla. I believe they can also be used with status pages that programatically extract information from the bug.

We're not currently using tracker bugs with our process, but I think it would help.  The centralized view of the varying groups is especially appealing, and we should do what we can to support these efforts that would increase our visibility and cooperation within Fedora.

What do *you* think about tracker bugs? How can we best use bugzilla to improve our work?

-- Pete Travis
 - Fedora Docs Project Leader
 - 'randomuser' on freenode