Re: Translation updates to docs website

On 01/25/2013 02:42 AM, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Eric Christensen
> <sparks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I just looked and found that you have completed the UEFI Secure
>> Boot Guide.  Perhaps TX should send us email when the
>> translations have been complete!  I'll publish those today.
>>
>> I also checked the Security Guide and see that things really
>> haven't changed since October.  I thought I had updated the
>> strings for F18 but it would appear that I did not.  I'll get
>> those pushed ASAP as well.
>
> Thank you very much. Maybe we can warn the list when we finish some
> guide.

Yes.  I was thinking more along the lines of a feature in Transifex
where when a language is more than x% complete then send an email.
Each language could set their own %-complete number and then an email
would be generated (to the Docs list?) and then maybe a check mark
would show up on the TX desktop.

> Or is there any other method we can use to push things ourselves?

Well, I encourage translators to build[0] their translations using
Publican to make sure that there are no tag errors.  If you have
already built the guide in your language you might as well publish to
the website!

I'll open up an enhancement ticket for Transifex and see if the email
functionality would be a good idea.  To me it sounds like low-hanging
fruit.

[0] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Publishing_a_document_with_Publican

- -- Eric

Eric "Sparks" Christensen
Fedora Project | Red Hat

sparks@xxxxxxxxxx - sparks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
097C 82C3 52DF C64A 50C2  E3A3 8076 ABDE 024B B3D1